In a recent workplace survey about mental wellbeing, WeCare365 who conducted the Moodometer survey reported the mood in Australian workplaces is ‘meh’.
The survey reported several concerning findings including:
- 58% of employees feel ‘meh’ at work
- 55% of employees are comfortable speaking to their manager about their mental health
- 50% of employees want to stay in their current role because of workplace culture
- 45% of employees do not feel their mental health will improve within 3 months
- 1 in four employees do not feel safe taking risks in their team
With a high level of disillusion in the workplace, employers are at risk of losing staff who do not feel supported or secure at work. Ensuring employees feel safe and secure in the workplace is a contributing factor to staff retention that can be improved with the correct interventions.
Are you concerned with the current workplace culture or mood in your organisation?
HRTAS can assist you to develop strategies to increase employee satisfaction and enhance workplace culture.